Transforming IT infrastructure into utility – that’s what cloud computing does. This technology keeps your company at the forefront of the industry and enables you to cut costs, offer stability and flexibility, and above all, provide enhanced security and stability. With that being said, 94% of enterprises already use a cloud service to stay in control of their traditional IT infrastructure.
However, it’s vital to understand which kind of private cloud solution suits your business and fits your bills. Private cloud, in general, is one such kind of solution that makes the entire cloud infrastructure and computing resources accessible by one enterprise only. There are different types of private cloud itself, for example, a virtual private cloud solution. It’s an isolated and safe space compartmentalized within a bigger private cloud. The pros of using private cloud services are:
- Upgraded security.
- Enhanced control.
- Easy on the budget.
- Improved reliability.
Hence, many companies started adopting it to gain customized solutions for their respective businesses. There are two categories of private cloud solutions: hosted and on-premise. Let’s talk about how different these categories are to give you a clear idea of which one you should choose.
Hosted Private Cloud
These cloud solutions are owned by providers who rent their server space to your business. It allows you to deploy applications and store your data on a flexible infrastructure without investing on hardware, software, servers, or other components. The vendors like United Private Cloud offer you servers in our data centers to make things manageable and easy for you. Benefits of using hosted private cloud are:
- Security management relies on the cloud solution provider so you need not worry about investing in security and control practices.
- You receive additional resources, high-demand scalability features, an easy-to-use dashboard, and an efficient support team to help you with the complexity of server management.
- It’s easy on your budget as you pay for the features your business requires. Hosted private clouds are sized for your business and decrease costs.
Hosted private cloud solution is agile as it allows you to add things as needed, even for a short duration.
- The private cloud solution provider is in charge of control practices set forth by your industry and the security measures. Hence you need to select the right third-party solution provider.
On-Premise Private Cloud
In this particular solution, you host the cloud environment internally on your business location. It offers you total control and flexibility over your internal data center, starting from the types of configurations of the servers to the kinds of hardware utilized. If your business already has system administrators or other apt experts, then on-premise is meant for you. Some of the benefits are:
- You are in complete control of the security, scalability, and configurability of your servers. Although, the size of your data center determines the scalability factor.
- The overall costs related to server hardware, power, and space are your responsibility.
- On-premise private cloud service requires in-house resources to maintain it and its related processes.
- In-house private cloud service allows businesses to collocate their cloud computing devices on premise, which is either managed by themselves or a third-party private cloud solution provider. Due to this very reason, the companies can implement all the security practices which they need to add an extra layer of security to their business processes.
- Numerous professional and technical companies address various aspects of cloud technology offering their own standards, recommendations, and guidance for a successful implementation of private cloud. Some examples can be: Cloud Standards Customer Council, DMTF, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, and others. If your company is subjected to any of these industry regulations and compliance rules, then it’s easier to adhere to such standards with on-premise private cloud hosting.
While there are pros and cons to each of the above services, it all comes down to your needs of flexibility, security, compliance, cost, applications, suitable environments, and organizational capacities. It’s a fact that cybersecurity is a primary concern today, and there were a total of 5,258 confirmed data breaches that occurred in 16 industries and four world regions, as per Verizon 2021 Data Breach Investigation Records. For this sole reason, hosted private cloud can do wonders by adding extra layers of security and user identity and access management.
Whichever cloud you choose, you have to bear the expenses for any additional resource to keep you at par with modern technology. At the end of the day, you want to work smarter and eliminate the headaches of the age-old ways of data management and storage. United Private Cloud comes with high performance, high availability, security and compliance, on-demand scalability, multi-cloud connectivity, and many more features to ensure that your business runs smoothly. We manage your systems, databases, and networks with our enterprise-level solution so that you can focus on initiatives that foster your business’s growth.
Are you interested to know more? Visit us at United Private Cloud and get all the answers.